1/15/13

Homemade Thin Mints

       
Now while we were making these homemade thin mints, girl scouts came selling girl scouts cookies, and a bought thin mint cookies, because I do not like any of the other cookies they sell. Wether you think that coincidence is funny is up to you, but I thought it was hilarious :). I got this recipe from Pinterest. Here is the original source. These Thin Mints are very good, and they only take about 15 min.

Homemade Thin Mints Recipe:

Ingredients:
•40 Ritz Crackers
•2 tsp Peppermint Extract
•2 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
•1 Tsp of Oil
•Mint Leaves (Optional)

1. Put the chocolate chips and the oil in a bowl and heat up in a microwave until throughly melted. Then mix the chocolate up until all the way stirred.

2. Add the peppermint extract to the chocolate. Stir, taste, and add more peppermint extract as necessary for the minty taste. Be carful in not adding to much peppermint extract.

3. Take a cracker and dip in the chocolate, when it is fully covered in chocolate lay in a piece of wax paper. I promise that the crackers will taste like cookies!

4. Repeat step 3 until all the crackers are coated. (Your hands will get messy in doing this)

5. Let the cookies harden. We set our cookies outside and in 15 min the cookies were harden.

6. Eat and enjoy! Be carful these will disappear faster then you think!

Emma
I have moved to a different site, so come on over!







1 sweet notes:

  1. Well I think the coincidence is funny! AND I'm excited about this recipe! Thanks for sharing! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and feedback from readers...they make my day. :)
-Emma