6/17/12

Father’s Day

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there including mine.


Only a Dad
by Edgar Guest

Only a dad with tired face
Coming home from the daily race,
Bringing little of gold or fame
To show how well he has played the game;
But in his heart that his own rejoice
To see him come and hear his voice

Only a dad with a brood of four, -my dad really has five, but I can’t change the poem
One of ten million men or more
Plodding along in daily strife,
Bearing the whips and scorn of life,
With never a whimper of pain or hate,
For the sake of those who at home await.

Only a dad, neither rich nor proud,
Merely one of the surging crowd,
Toiling, striving from day to day,
Facing whatever comes his way,
Silent whenever the harsh condemn,
And bearing it all for the love of them.

Only a dad, but he gives his all,
To smooth the way for his children small,
Doing with courage stern and grim
The deeds that his father did to him.
This is the line that for him I pen:
Only a dad, but the best of men.


I hope you read this to your dad.

I love you Dad!

Dad at his favorite restaurant: "On the Border"









Em

2 sweet notes:

I love getting comments and feedback from readers...they make my day. :)
-Emma