6/26/12

felicity

fe•lic•i•ty |fəˈlisətē|noun ( pl. felicities )intense happiness: domestic felicity.the ability to find appropriate expression for one's thoughts: speech that pleased by its accuracy, felicity, and fluency.• particularly effective feature of a work of literature or art: the King James version, thanks to its felicities of language, ruled supreme.ORIGIN late Middle Englishfrom Old French felicitefrom Latin felicitasfrom felix, felic- happy.This is one word I like to say :)Em

4 sweet notes:

  1. Wow, that is cool- I never realized that is what felicity meant! :)

    I also wanted to let you know I mentioned you in a post over on my blog...here is the link...http://encouragementforeverydaystruggles.blogspot.com/2012/06/shout-out-for-some-blogs-i-follow-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma! (hehe I love your name)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool!! You have 12 followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. It is always so much fun to find new blogger friends! I will definitely be following yours. :)

    I am a huge lover of words, I even have a book where I write down new words and their meanings. Maybe it is a bookworm thing? Anyway, I will be adding felicity to that book. I've always thought it was just a name! I have a feeling I will come to enjoy this word a lot. It has a special ring to it.

    Enjoy your day!

    Katie
    (http://insanitycomeswithapenandpaper.blogspot.com/ )

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and feedback from readers...they make my day. :)
-Emma